Misadventures of Legend
Earthdawn Combat Reference Sheet
COMBAT OPTIONS EFFECTS
- Aggressive Attack (1 per attack) +3 Steps to Attack and Damage Tests, -3 penalty to Physical and Spell Defense
- Aiming (1 per round) +2 (1 round) or +3 (r Rounds) bonus to next ranged Attack Test
- Attacking to Knockdown Use (Damage Test Result – Armor) as Knockdown Test
- Attacking to Stun Damage test inflicts Stun damage. Add Will Step to first Recovery Test
- Called Shot (1) -3 penalty to Attack Test; if successful, hit designated spot
- Defensive Stance +3 to Physical and Spell Defense, -3 penalty to all Action Tests (except Knockdown Tests)
- Giving Ground (1) +1 to Physical Defense per yard given (up to maximum of Melee Weapons or Unarmed Combat rank); -2 penalty to attack tests
- Going Inside a Shield If (Initiative result – opponent’s shield value) wins Initiative, ignore opponent’s shield bonuses; -2 penalty to Attack Tests
- Jumping Up (2) Successful Dexterity or Acrobatics Test (6) allows character to stand up and perform a standard action; no other movement allowed. Initiative penalties from armour apply.
- Setting Against a Charge Must have weapon at least the length of a spear and win Initiative. On a Good Success, may knock opponent off mount. Damage Step is normal Damage step plus the Strength of the Mount.
- Splitting Movement (1) Allows move/action/move combination; -2 physical and Spell Defense
- The number in parentheses after the combat option is the Strain cost for using the option.
SITUATION MODIFIERS EFFECTS
- Blindsided -2 Physical and Spell Defense
- Cover Partial: +2 Physical and Spell Defense; Full: +4 Physical and Spell Defense; Complete: NA
- Darkness All sight-based steps reduced unless character has low-light vision, etc. Partial: -1, Full: -3, Complete: -5
- Distance Modifies Attack and Damage Steps. Short: NA, Medium: -2, Long: -3
- Harried (4+ close attackers) -2 penalty to action tests; -2 Physical and Spell Defense
- Impaired Movement Light: 25%, Medium: 50%, Hard: 75%
- Knocked Down -3 to action tests, -3 Physical and Spell Defense
- Stunned Simple actions only, Harried, -2 Physical and Spell Defense
- Surprised No action tests allowed, -3 Physical and Spell Defense
TYPES OF COMBAT EFFECTS
- Casting into Melee Modify target’s Spell Defense by number of characters or creatures standing between attacker and target. If misses target, no effect.
- Firing into Melee Modify target’s Physical Defense by number of characters or creatures standing between attacker and target. If misses target, may hit intervening characters or creatures.
- Grappling an Opponent Requires Good Success on Unarmed Combat Test, both opponents fall prone. To break hold requires Unarmed Combat Test against result of initial Grappling attack.
- Throw Object to a Spot Use Throwing Weapons Test (7).
T’skrang often make use of their tails when engaged in combat. A t’skrang can use his tail to whip at opponents in unarmed combat much like striking with an arm or kicking with a leg, using an appropriate unarmed combat talent or skill for any Attack Tests. The Damage Step used is the character’s Strength Step, unless modified by abilities that enhance unarmed combat Damage. A t’skrang may also latch a melee weapon of up to Size 2 to his tail, and this is treated as an Attached Weapon (see p. 248). Tail Combat allows t’skrang to use the Combat Options of Tail Attack and Tail Parry (see p. 226).